I wrote very precious piece of folk tradition, that’s the reason of my absence on my blog. I try to be consistent in my errors.
Why? Well, some for being busy and some for trying to settle the farming tussles and no doubt some for sheer laziness.
Mare writing work is over and now I am super busy again just like last year these days—with my MSc thesis translation and college project work translations—and then there were those routine leisure activities.
Something I designed in my leisure; this is pot holder in shape of SWASTIK.
I’ve been in dire need of some new potholders since the ones (the cloth pot holders) I bought from The Dilli Haat (a), The Dilli Haat (b) got many wear and tear marks on them. The cloth pot holder’s life is too small, also they got dirt very soon. Another hazard of cloth pot holders is fire. Leave it near a stove burner and you can start a nice little conflagration. I have many new cloth pot holders that have burnt corners, not pleasant to look at and piled up in the corner of the cupboard of the kitchen, some time I will curve out the neat part of them and will sew them together to make a duster out of them.
I think the woolen pot holders will be better option. I did see one of my mother’s friends using them for years. So this time woolen one in mind…….
I turned to my yarn stash for some yarn and grabbed two balls of yarn in contrast colours. Using yellow and blue high contrast, eye-popping combo, I used DC stitch to design this swastika (I will acquaint the readers about the word in my next post) pot holder for my mustered tile kitchen it can be a warming gift too.
so its still UFO!
I'm so sorry for the picture,its the flash of the mobile that makes the havoc to
i will replicate the design for another 2 or four another pot-holders
i will acquaint the readers on my blog with the pious symbol in just the next blog post ...
I love swastika I use to draw it on every pujaa veedis in our home.
happy twilight!
No comments:
Post a Comment